This deals with the jury verdict for a young man who fatally shot an Iowa High School Football Coach by the name of Ed Thomas. He was profiled in Sports Illustrated after his death. You can find the full article here. It is not only a good read but I feel a guide for how you should live your life.
I can relate to this story, as I volunteered and coached for 5 years at a school in the Western Pittsburgh suburbs, working with middle schoolers and helping out the Varsity wherever they needed it. That sometimes included manning the weight room. Imagine my wife's surprise and shock if someone had to come tell her "Paul was shot 6 times at the field house." Why? I don't mean the "because the young man suffers from paranoid schizophrenia" why. I mean the bigger why? This man is the kind of person we aspire to be like, or should. Is the ultimate test of our faith to be put in a position to be martyred? Don't we need more people like this man in the world and less of the Tiger Woods? Can't we hear about them based on the merits of what they do for their community rather than for the tragedy that they have been taken from us? Nope..I guess I still don't understand it.

No comments:
Post a Comment