Testing the limits of sanity, on a daily basis

Welcome to Rorschach Daily.  Feel free to stare at the characters and tell me what you see...no, no I'm sorry.  No you're completely wrong; it's not two faces it's just a vase.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Writer's Cramp

I realized in looking at the history of my posts to this blog that I missed the better part of June and all of the month of July.  My average for blogging if you took the past 6 months times an average of 31 days per month divided by the 57 posts I have done means I blog roughly once every 3.2 days.


We don't live by averages though, unless you play baseball in which case translating my average into .322 would earn me MILLIONS of Dollars.  So for those of you who followed this regularly or looked forward to it even occasionally, I apologize for my lapse.  It has been a rough summer in the Zupke household, particularly July and now possibly August as well.  On several fronts I find our little family facing stomach churning challenges and feel ill-equipped to try to meet them head on.  I haven't had much good, funny or insightful to say, so I stopped writing.

This happens to be one of those times in my life where although I wish I had someone to talk to, I don't necessarily want them to try to provide me with answers, just to listen.  However since most people feel obligated to offer their insights or solutions I don't sit down and talk with anyone.  I find that I can sometimes talk myself into the right solution, more than trying to use someone else's idea to solve a problem simply because people are not like cogs in a machine.  What works for one person may not work for another for a multitude of reasons.  This was one of the things I could never do with my father, just sit down and talk.  Principally because he felt like he always had to have an answer, or to step in and try to fix something himself.  Some fixes have to come from within, and some problems are so big they have to be given up to God.  There are problems we sometimes face which may have no good outcome, and we have to learn to live with the end result no matter how bitter a pill it may be to swallow.  That is a tough lesson to learn and I find that the older I get the more receptive I have to be to learning it.  I just wish I didn't have to keep learning it over and over (and over.)

So I promise in future to keep to a more regular schedule.  The blogs may have to be shorter in length, because there is only so much time and to quote JRR Tolkien and Bilbo Baggins, "I feel thin, like butter that has been scraped over too much bread." 

Or to quote Bart Simpson, "I can't promise I'll try, but I'll try to try."
If you believe in prayer, please keep us in your prayers as we do for many (most/all???) of you.  If you don't believe in prayer, then please do me one favor: take a good look at your life and ask yourself why you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment